Strong Fathers – Strengthening Families – Supporting Communities
This 3 week program (Monday through Friday) helps young fathers or expectant fathers be the best they can be! Goals of the program are:
- Improving parenting skills
- Increasing healthy relationships and effective communication
- Increasing child support awareness and management
- Increasing job readiness and employability
Classes are presented by dynamic community leaders and focus on such life issues as:
- Being a father – and how not to stress out!
- Building better relationships
- Anger management
- Nonviolent discipline –Understanding who you are as a man and a father
- Navigating the child welfare and support system – including arrears
- Job readiness – how to present the best version of you
- Social service referrals
- Computer lab access for job search and school work
- Family life activities
- Substance abuse counseling
- Individual, couples, and family counseling
FFC’s Strong Fathers – Strong Families – Supporting Communities program is nationally known for its comprehensive approach which consists of case management, life skills development and and support services. Trained staff help you develop individualized plans for success including next steps for education and employment!
Meet Desmond, 2014 program graduate
Let’s hear it for Desmond M. for passing his High School Equivalency (HSE) exam and obtaining his diploma! Since accomplishing this milestone, he is working 2 jobs and has enrolled in Ivy Tech’s Business Management program. Desmond also recently obtained his driver’s license and is in the process of purchasing a vehicle for himself and his family.
Desmond credits dedication, determination, and Fathers and Families Center for helping him become a better man and father determined to achieve his goals. “Fathers and Families Center saved my life and anyone interested in being a better father or person should join this program. It makes you see another aspect of life.”